Saturday 3 April 2010

Wanting It All 2: The Alt

Well, that happened faster than I expected...

Not long after joining my new corp, I started to get a bit engagement-happy with the ol' PvP and realised that losing Hurricanes is actually kind of expensive. Sure, I had the ships insured, but I like buying the Meta 2 guns and other shinies to eke that extra bit of damage out of them. Thing is, I'm not actually *that* good at PvP yet...

I realised that if Kahdath is going to be able to fly (and lose) nice ships and concentrate on that side of the game, then it would be helpful to have a reliable source of income from somebody who isn't involved in at least one war 23/7.

Enter 'M', the cute, red-headed Amarr industrialist:

Some RL friends of mine have a corp full of industry alts that M could hop right into and after a little persuasion and convincing them I had a sound business plan, I even got my hands on a 500,000,000 ISK loan to get started with skill books, BPOs and materials to get the ball rolling.

The plan? Rigs. Gloriously tiny components I can move around in a shuttle or fast frigate, healthy profit margin for T1 items and something that people will always need, because they never drop as loot and have to be bought fresh for each new ship.

It would have been a very tough option without an initial boost of capital (thanks again, Adam!), as I've spent hundreds of millions already on components ready to begin runs. All I need to wait for now is Production Efficiency skills to max out and for my ME research to complete, which have been conveniently timed to finish within a few hours of each other.

So congratulations, CCP! Your staggeringly wide selection of professions and sources of income has gained you yet another alt account from an existing player.

At least now, Kahdath can resist the urge to one day train for a Hulk, as M will be able to fulfill that role once she has mastered manufacturing and T2 invention. After that? Hulks, Freighters, Jump Freighters, even? All those wonderfully useful boats that would carve months out of the training plans of trigger happy PvP characters.

For the moment, Kahdath is going to get blown up in rifters and figure out how to PvP in cruisers, but expect him to be losing Hurricanes (and bigger!) in glorious explosions soon, especially if you live in Sinq ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment